Nothing says “fancy” like foil stamping, but what exactly is it? Foil stamping, hot stamping or hot foil stamping is the application of pigment or metallic foil to paper using a heated die. The die presses the foil onto the surface under pressure, leaving the design of the die on the paper. Foil stamping, or foil printing is frequently combined with embossing to produce a three dimensional image.
Types of Foil
There are many types of foil that can make your printed piece pop.
- Metallic Foils have a metal-like sheen and a shine or shimmer, and come in a variety of colors, such as gold, silver, copper, green, blue and red.
- Gloss Pigment Foils have a high glossy, but non-metallic finish and come in many colors.
- Matte Pigment Foils have a dull finish with deep solid colors.
- Special Effects Foils such as marbles, wood grains, leathers or pearl add distinctive textures and looks.
- Holographic Foils use the transfer of a hologram image onto unique foils. Holographic foils add a dramatic effect that often provides a “high-tech” look.
Benefits of Hot Foil Stamping
- Greater brand perception: Research shows that by adding gold foil printing or other interesting effects to your piece, consumers perceive a higher value and quality of your product.
- Attention-grabbing effects: Foil stamping helps make your printed piece stand out from the crowd with its distinctive and eye-catching appeal.
What can you Foil Stamp?
Foil can be applied to most paper stocks, even magnetic paper. However, the ideal paper stock for metallic foil or other foil stamps is gloss cover or other stocks with a smooth surface. Linen or other textured papers can be a challenge for foil due to their uneven surfaces, as the foil may not look as crisp.
Business cards, brochures, presentation folders, greeting cards, note cards or invitations are some of the endless possibilities that you can foil stamp. Add a touch of class to your marketing materials with elegant and affordable foil stamping.
Pasa Printing’s after print services include high-speed folding options for your brochure, flyer or other document. We can machine or hand fold just about any document into just about any format. Contact us today for details and a free estimate.
Some of our more popular folds include:
No matter what kind of fold your project requires, PasaPrinting can do it.
Feel free To contact us any time
From simple geometric shapes to catchy designs that fit your brand, die cuts showcase your business in the most convenient marketing tool at your disposal, your business card. Get a creative look for less by selecting a standard die cut business card shape on your choice of high-quality gloss, matte, uncoated or recycled card stocks. Standard die cut business cards cost substantially less and have a faster turnaround than ordering a new die, which involves custom fabrication.
Die-cutting is a process used in many different industries to cut a thin flat material (in our case, paper) into a specific shape using a steel cutting die. It can be used to punch out a decorative shape or pattern to incorporate within a larger piece, or it can be used to create the main shape of an object by cutting the entire sheet of paper in an distinct/designed way.
we can combine the precision of our die cutting services with printing. Whether the job involves screen printing, pad printing or conventional printing, Thrust can meet your needs. No volume is too large or too small for us to serve the needs of our customers. Quality, quick turnaround and great customer service sets us apart from others in the industry. Whether it is a six color printing job or special printing requirements, such as printing on a curved surface, Thrust Industries can meet your die cutting needs. To accomplish this, Thrust has partnered with several printing companies whose services compliment our die cutting capabilities. Whether we are fulfilling the printing and die cutting needs of a retail business or industrial application, Thrust will service each on a timely.
The Lamination process applies a clear plastic film to printed pieces. The clear film can be glossy or matte.
Printed pieces are laminated to protect them from stains, smudges, moisture, grease, tears and
anything else that might shorten their useful life. In addition to protection, print lamination adds strength and rigidity.
Printing that is handled frequently is often laminated, such as restaurant and bar menus, price lists, maps, educational materials, bookmarks, membership
cards, etc. Lamination is also recommended for printed pieces used in dirty or damp environments such as machinery warnings and operating instructions, safety and emergency signage, factory rules, reusable tags, etc.
There are numerous uses for Laminated Printing. Some of the more popular uses include…
- Restaurant and Bar Menus
- Book Covers and Pages
- Binder Tab Sets
- Flip Charts
- Business Cards
- Counter, Tabletop and POS Displays
- Educational and Training Materials
- Maintenance Procedures and Checklists
- Maps, Charts and Diagrams
- Operating and Safety Instructions
- Presentation Materials and Sales Aids
- Price and Part Lists
- Hang Tags and Reusable Cards
- Data Sheets and Instruction Sheets
Whether you are seeking Laminated Printing for your business or organization, or are a Print Shop looking to outsource a Laminated Printing project, we look forward to assisting you!